Summer Students Job Opportunity:
Nadeswara College Old Students Association – Canada (NCOSA) is pleased to announce that with the assistance of Employment and Social Development Canada, NCOSA will be hiring Students under the Canada Summer Jobs 2021 program during the period from 2021 May 3 to 2022 February 21. Please note that we encourage applications from students with disabilities and visible minorities.
Prospective Summer Student is:
Creative in organizing and carrying out following tasks on online
Comfortable in working from home for part of the employment duration
Comfortable in using laptop and ZOOM software
Location: Greater Toronto Area and Durham area.
Full Time (7 positions)
Position Status: (10 consecutive weeks)
Hours: 35 hours per week, Salary: $14.25 / hour
Part Time (6 positions)
Position Status: (14 consecutive weeks)
Hours: 20 hours per week, Salary: $14.25 / hour
Accounting Assistant (Visible Minority) 1FT 1PT
Operations Officer – Administration (Visible Minority) 1FT 1PT
Membership Services Manager (Visible Minority) 1FT 1PT
Maintenance Co-ordinator (Visible Minority) 1FT 1PT
Fundraising Campaign Organizer (Visible Minority) 2FT 1PT
Office Administrative Assistant (Visible Minority) 1FT 1PT
Tasks and Responsibilities
• Assist members in managing COVID 19 related issues
• Organize meeting via ZOOM regularly
• Assist in updating Website & Facebook
• Assist in organizing virtual visits to cover important places in Ontario
• Work with other cultural committees in arranging programs
• Organize Yoga & similar physical activities via ZOOM
• Organize awareness programs about good health development
• Assist in planning and organizing Social and cultural events including Canada Day celebrations
• Assist in conducting special events
• Assist in arranging Food for events
• Assist in organizing special functions, AGM and board meetings
• Assist in membership renewal
• Assist in keeping membership records up to date
• Assist in recording receipts and payments in Quick Book Accounting software
• Provide monthly reports – Income statement & Balance sheet
• Provide progress report on life membership fee collections
• Provide progress report on regular membership fee collections
• Assist in membership renewal
• Assist in collecting membership fees (life & regular)
• Assist in planning and conducting fund raising activities – movie to screen
• Assist in obtaining COVID19 related and regular donations
• Assist in ticket sales at special events
• Preparing and updating membership data base (full name, address, phones, email)
• Obtaining information (school old students by year, school history) to update web site
• Assist in planning and organizing Summer Get Together including Canada Day celebrations
• Assist in conducting the Summer Get Together, as per COVID19 regulations
• Assist in arranging Food for Summer Get Together
• Assist in planning cultural plays & musical programs for Winter Get Together
• Assist in organizing special functions, AGM and Winter Get Together
To be eligible to participate in Canada Summer Jobs:
• Individuals must be between 15 and 30 years of age at the start of employment
• Be Canadian citizens, permanent residents or persons to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act
• Be legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial/territorial legislation and regulations.
The candidates shall know Tamil as a secondary language.
On-site health & safety orientation course & daily necessary program direction and schedule will be provided. In addition, volunteer professionals such as Accountants, computer consultants, engineering consultants & administrative skilled personnel will provide required coaching to the student to learn the skills, which are necessary to perform the tasks.
Please send your resume and a cover letter showing how you intend to carry out the tasks, via e-mail to “firstname.lastname@example.org“
The application must be received no later than Friday, April 30, 2021.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. If selected, interview will be conducted through Zoom meeting.
Information obtained in this staffing process will be used in staffing future opportunities in 2022.
Job Bank will be the primary source for information on the availability of positions funded through the program.